Photo credit: johntunger.typepad.com/studiocreative_processOne morning I strolled round about,
The day was dawning fair.
The sun peeked up from o’re the hills,
And zephyrs stirred the air.
The golden rays first touched the sky
To tint with pastel hue
The morning mist that rose so dim
From evening’s heavy dew.
From overhead I heard a song,
A lilting melody.
I looked in vain to see the bird
I thought was in a tree.
Then blending came another voice,
Then more birds came to chat.
I craned my neck and looked to see
Just where the birds were at.
Just overhead was strung a wire
‘Twas fastened to a pole.
And on it in a bobbing row
Were birds that looked so droll!
How cheerfully they talked and sang,
Their voices rose and fell.
And each one had so much to say
That none could listen well.
They gossiped for a quarter hour,
As near as I could make.
Then off they flew to do their tasks
The better for their break.

2 comments:
I hope that we never have to live without birds.
That would be very sad. Reminds me of Rachel Carson's book "Silent Spring." I admired her in many ways, not the least of which was her battle to protect birds from the pesticides which were killing them. What a Catholic she would have made...alas!
Post a Comment